At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Toxicologic Pathologist / 197770
Are you looking to apply your scientific expertise and enhance your experience as Toxicologic Pathologist? Are you agile, self-motivated and responsible with a pro-active mindset?
Then join our Pathology group which is part of the department of Nonclinical Drug Safety of Boehringer Ingelheim’s largest R&D campus for Human Pharma in Biberach an der Riss, Germany. Biberach offers excellent quality of life and is embedded in a beautiful countryside between Stuttgart, Munich and the Lake of Constance / the Alps.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You act as study pathologist on early exploratory and regulatory toxicity studies to include input on study design, contribution of gross and microscopic evaluation and integrated reporting.
- You perform peer reviews of in-house studies and studies performed at CROs.
- You provide technical guidance to pathology laboratory personnel in compliance with GLP, company safety and regulatory guidelines.
- You develop new technologies and strategies which help to elucidate mechanisms of toxicity.
- You contribute to interdisciplinary developmental projects and to phase-transition and regulatory submission documents.
- You develop and provide pathology expertise in close co-operation with Research, Drug Discovery Support, Medicine, and other disciplines within Boehringer Ingelheim in support of drug discovery, pre-development and development of new therapeutics.
- You establish and maintain a network with other Boehringer Ingelheim sites, academia and industry in order to achieve optimum investigative strategies and scientific results within the preclinical development process.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine; a PhD is a plus
- Board certified ECVP or ACVP or equivalent
- Several years of work experience in Toxicologic Pathology in a GLP environment is preferred
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory standards and GLP requirements
- Strong scientific interest and analytical capacity, target- and strategy-oriented work attitude
- Willing to accept new challenges, flexible in mind, autonomous and reliable
- Open-minded personality and strong team player
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English, written and verbally, are mandatory
- Good knowledge of German is an asset