Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Manager Laboratory Animal Studies – 1816339
Would you like to utilize your expert knowledge, profound experience and passion for work in a challenging position? Then take the opportunity and apply online for this position, which is located in Hannover.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- In your role you design, conduct, monitor, and evaluate pre-clinical and clinical studies for veterinary vaccine research and development according to GxP regulations.
- You establish innovative infectious challenge models in experimental animals (mainly swine and poultry).
- You ensure the compliance of our animal studies with all relevant legal requirements (e.g. animal welfare, bio-safety, GxP).
- Thanks to your expertise you add valuable contribution to other departments, like the training of staff, or filling patent.
- As Site Veterinarian you participate in on call duties.
- Degree in veterinary medicine (with a doctoral degree or PhD)
- Experience in conducting animal studies, preferably in vaccine research or development
- Felasa C-certificate or equivalent degree/expertise required
- Knowledge of GxP (especially GCP, GLP) requirements and quality assurance principles
- Very good written and spoken English and German skills combined with strong interpersonal skills
- ReliableTeam player with an accurate working style and quality awareness; willingness to travel
- Experience with BSL2/3 and S2-conditions
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Sabine Manz, Tel: +49 (6132) 77-92199
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities. We look forward to receiving your online application with the Job ID 1816339.
Grow with us: www.careers.boehringer-ingelheim.com