At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Head of Laboratory
Veterinary Clinical Pathology / Laboratory Diagnostics / 197769
Are you looking to apply your scientific expertise and enhance your experience as Veterinary Clinical Pathologist? Are you agile, self-motivated and responsible with a pro-active mindset? Do you wish to lead a motivated team of technicians used to deliver top quality results?
Then join our Pathology group which is part of the department of Nonclinical Drug Safety of Boehringer Ingelheim’s largest R&D campus for Human Pharma in Biberach an der Riss, Germany. Biberach offers excellent quality of life and is embedded in a beautiful countryside between Stuttgart, Munich and the Lake of Constance / the Alps.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the clinical pathology laboratory and staff in compliance with GLP, company safety and regulatory guidelines.
- You act as contributing clinical pathologist on early exploratory and regulatory toxicity studies to include input on study design, contribution of clinical pathology evaluation and integrated reporting in close collaboration with anatomic pathologists.
- You develop new technologies and strategies in the field of clinical pathology which help to elucidate mechanisms of toxicity.
- In the field of safety biomarkers you develop new testing strategies in close collaboration with project teams and colleagues in special toxicology.
- You develop and provide clinical pathology expertise in close co-operation with Research, Drug Discovery Support, Medicine, and other disciplines within Boehringer Ingelheim in support of drug discovery, pre-development and development of new therapeutics.
- Depending on your qualification and experience you can contribute to anatomic pathology evaluations and to interdisciplinary developmental projects.
- You establish and maintain a network with other Boehringer Ingelheim sites, academia and industry in order to achieve optimum investigative strategies and scientific results within the preclinical development process.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine; a PhD is a plus
- Recognized certification in veterinary clinical pathology (ECVCP, ECVP, ACVP or equivalent) or laboratory diagnostics
- Several years of work experience in veterinary clinical pathology, preferably in industry or a CRO
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory standards and GLP requirements
- Strong scientific interest and analytical capacity, target- and strategy-oriented work attitude
- Willing to accept new challenges, flexible in mind, autonomous and reliable
- Open-minded personality and strong team player
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English, written and verbally, are mandatory
- Good knowledge of German is an asset